USC Hiring Standardized Patients
April 13 - December 31
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine
JOIN OUR STANDARDIZED PATIENT PROGRAM!
The Standardized Patient Program provides clinical and communication skills training in health professions education programs. USC is committed to educating the next generation of medical professionals who provide competent and compassionate clinical care with cultural humility and social justice.
What is a Standardized Patient?
- Standardized Patients (SPs) are hired to portray and represent a diversity of patient simulation roles from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds and a wide range of ages.
- An SP is a healthy individual trained to portray a medical patient’s history realistically, disease symptoms, behaviors, and emotions while interacting with learners in a simulated healthcare setting.
- The SP is trained to assess learner behaviors and provide feedback from the perspective of the patient.
- SPs are trained to portray a patient case history and communicate consistently and accurately with students in various simulated encounters.
What are the qualifications?
- Individuals of any age, gender identity, ethnicity, race, religion, and sexual orientation. 18yrs+
- People with flexible hours who can work on a scheduled as-needed basis.
- Dependable people who have a commitment to contribute to the clinical education of health professionals.
- Non-actors are welcome and encouraged to apply!
What skills do I need?
- A good memory to retain and recall information and to be able to memorize a case script detailing specific emotions, behaviors, and disease signs/symptoms for presentation during simulated encounters.
- Willingness to undergo physical examinations (non-invasive) performed by the students
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, and computer skills.
Will I be compensated?
- $25/hr Standardized Patients are classified as needed, per diem employees (not benefits-eligible) of USC. Candidates must be willing to work as an employee and comply with health and safety protocols.
For more information, please send resume and email to email@example.com